Brand Responsibility and Certification
Responsible Business is Good Business
Responsible Footwear I Crafted and Sourced Locally in Europe.
Responsibility and sustainability have always been at the heart of our Brand. From our beginnings, right through to present day, we are working continuously to reduce our footprint.
We believe in responsible products. With a collaborative team, it’s our mission to combine a transparent European supply chain with naturally sustainable, high quality, natural materials.
We only use 4 sustainably sourced, certified materials:
- Vegan Alternative
‘a natural resource and a long term investment’
Leather is a natural material. It is eco-friendly.
Leather shoes are more eco-friendly than any other type of shoes because it is not made from any harmful synthetic material.
Leather is made from natural resources - the skin of different animals. When your shoes get damaged, the leather will easily degrade.
There are many shoe products that are made of synthetic materials and harmful to the environment.
Leather makes shoes more durable which makes them a better, long term investment.
As leather is a natural material, no harmful chemicals were used to create it - making it eco-friendly!
Our leather supply chain has been recognized and awarded with the achievement of Gold Rated. The maximum score of the international certification LWG, Leather Working Group.
Blauer Engel, the German government certification, proves the ecological quality of the leathers.
- Lower consumption of water during the various production phases.
- Use of raw materials produced in a sustainable fashion.
- Sound use of resources during the production or disposal phases.
- Absence of harmful effects on the health and the environment because of the low of emissions.
- Easy to recycle.
Certification: LWG Gold Standard
What is crepe?
‘a completely natural product’
The raw, natural rubber latex is obtained from the Hevea Brasiliensis tree.
The sap is collected by cutting thin strips of bark from the tree and allowing the latex substance to be tapped. This harvesting does not weaken the tree, far from it, it actually helps it flourish. Each tree produces approx. 50g of sap a day.
Botanists agree that this process of tapping is even known to strengthen the resistance of the tree.
Crepe for footwear is produced by calendering natural rubber collected from the best plantations, without adding any chemical additive. The different natural colours are obtained from different grades of raw rubber.
Compared to plastic soles, which stifle the foot and derive from processing pollutants, the natural ‘sole crepe’ soles have many benefits:
- Resistant to abrasion
- Very elastic and flexible
- Unalterable in contact with acid, alkaline and saline substances
- As a natural product, crepe is 100% biodegradable.
Certification: LWG Gold Standard
What are the benefits of cork?
‘100% natural, reusable and recyclable’
Cork is the bark of the Cork Oak tree. It is a completely natural raw material with unique properties which give it an unrivalled character. It is light, impermeable to liquids and gases, elastic and compressible.
The cork oak forest in Portugal is part of one of the world’s 36 biodiversity hotspots, has a recognized protection status, contributes to climate regulation, is a driving force for sustainable development and plays a crucial role in the world's ecological balance.
Our supply chain is also FSC certified. The mark of responsible forestry.
- Light - More than 50% of the volume of cork is air, which means that it is very light, weighing just 0.16 grams per cubic centimeter, and can float.
- Hypoallergenic, antistatic and odour-free.
- Cork offers protection against allergies because it does not absorb dust, and therefore prevents the appearance of dust mites, and therefore the odour of its aromatic compounds is not intrusive.
- As a natural product, cork is 100% biodegradable.
- Thermal, acoustic and anti-vibration insulation.
- Cork has low conductivity of heat, sound and vibration.
Certification: FSC certified
Vegan, conscious alternative:
What does vegan mean?
‘Non animal origin’
Vegan is not the answer to sustainable footwear. However, it’s a conscious alternative to ‘non-animal origin’ footwear.
Vegan material, also known as faux leather, or a leather alternative, is a leather-like fabric that isn’t made from the skins of animals.
Instead, vegan leather is made from a variety of textile and synthetic materials.
Vegan leather is a leather-like material produced in a way where no animals are directly used in the creation process.
The very nature of the term ‘vegan leather’ is an oxymoron, much like vegan sausage or vegan beef.
But I understand why it’s used as it’s a term that easily describes a non-animal variant of products we are familiar with.
Vegan leather is made from a variety of non-animal materials.
- 60% energy saving with regard to the production process.
- No contiene cromo 6.
- Free of harmful substances in compliance with the most demanding international regulation.
- Vegan friendly certification.
Certification: Certified Vegan Production
100% plastic free packaging
We have developed a plastic free, 2in1 shoe and courier box solution, removing the need for any additional courier packaging.
- Box: Branded Recycled Shoe/Courier Box.
- Quality: Natural Recycled Card.
- Non-Plastic Branded Box Tape.
Certification: FSC Certification - Recycled Packaging